Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Here she isssss, Miss Swoopy Frame Mixteeeeee

I had an appointment this morning and since I biked there I didn't hear the mazillion calls from The Baker.  Fortunately I checked my phone before heading in to see the doc.  He'd found this bike was on CL and he was on his way to pick it up.  (Damn I love CL!) He told me it was exactly the bike I'd been wanting for eons - orange and swoopy.   Not only did he get there before anyone else but the price was quite good for Denver, a high-bike-price town.

By the time he got back to town (it was in a far away 'burb) I was at work so he brought it by my office.  These are the only pics I have as the bike's on the repair stand at the moment. 

Because he rocks, he cleaned and repacked everything that needed cleaning and repacking.  He straightened the fenders and fixed the rear light.  It needs new tires, new grips, new saddle, cables, rack replaced, front generator light replaced and the wheels could use truing.   I think I might replace the handlebars as well.  They're original, but I love the look and feel of a flatter, rounded bar.  We'll see once I get on her for a ride.


More pics after the jump!

















12 comments:

  1. You should come take a look at our bikes - vintage hand-me-downs. Alex has a really similar bike to that in green that was his dad's. And mine was his aunt's and is a different brand but is pink and pretty cool, but too tall for me. Does the Bike Depot do trade ins?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic find, these are quite rare in the US!
    And it already came with fenders and generator?
    Major bike envy here! : ))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth, I'd love to see your bikes!! The Depot doesn't do trade-ins but you can donate and get a tax rcpt. Our stock of used bikes changes all the time as bikes are donated from individuals or the various police depts and get the once-over by our volunteers.

    Velouria, Yep, it's all outfitted! From what I can tell from browsing old catalogs the fenders, lights and a rack were all stock. I've not nailed down what year it might be though.

    I'm so excited!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, we need to do blog field trips. You come to my house and check out my bikes; I'll come to yours and you can bake me a pizza. (But I'm picky and would like whole wheat crust please. Hehe.) And of course we still need to do a ride! I think I'm ready.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should do a Sunday ride. Every week, everyone says, "Where's Beth???"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, how do you do it?! So great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm hungover on Sundays. :-P I'll come to the next one. Swear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Margonaute - obsession. :-D

    Beth - hair of the dog, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, matching chainguard. That's a rare find!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome!! cant wait to see more of your future adventure with her :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good find. How many bikes do you have? Yes, I am also bike obsessed - down to 6. Four are mixte - 3 vintage and 1 new.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too many. Last count in the garage was 11. That's down two which recently found new homes. This one is actually going to my mom soon. It's just a few blocks away so I'll still be able to ride it. She looks awesome on this bike though!

    ReplyDelete