Friday, July 16, 2010

Wrenchin' Lesson

 B1 and his first tube repair and brake shifter adjustment.


Getting these beefy tires off the rim is no small task.



Learning how to find holes in the tube and the fine art of patching.



Success!



A little adjustment here and there and the shifter is back in business as well.

B really enjoys tinkering at the bike bench and it's fun to watch him learn and grow.  I think I was in college before I ever learned to change my own tire, let alone patch a tube!

**********************

I took B1 and a buddy (and met his Buddy's Dad, sister and a friend) to Waterworld yesterday.  I seriously can't get enough of a good water park and Waterworld is definitely one of the best but this year for the first time ever, I'm overwhelmingly exhausted.  I do believe I have a water park hangover!  It was totally worth it though.  Hours flying down slides at the speed of light, floating in a giant wavepool without a care and even a little mini-nap. 


No comments:

Post a Comment