Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Take the Long Way Home (or there)


TaaDaa!  My first entry in LGRAB round three - If you do commute, take the long way home: add distance to your usual ride....
I had an appointment with my asthma doctor early last week.  My regular doc, pharmacy and the kids doc are all very close to my office so we regularly bike there, but the pulmonologist is about six miles from my house in the opposite direction.  It was a perfect morning and I had plenty of time, something I don't often have, so I hopped on my bike.


The first 5 miles were in a ridiculous headwind.  I  hate wind.  HATE IT!  It was such a relief to arrive at the doctors office.  How appropriate to arrive at the pulmonologist completely winded!



On my way from the docs to my office I meandered through the Montclair neighborhood. 
Home of Montclair Park (park house below) and the Richthofen Castle.




I headed past the bird house tree in my own neighborhood.


And eventually back to my regular route.


It's good to take the long way (to or from) home.






1 comment:

  1. oh so much fun! bird house tree - i could nap there!!

    ReplyDelete