Thursday, June 3, 2010

This Post will have no Photo

After two years of mystery regarding the origin of my recurring hip bruise, the source has been discovered!  When I'm stopped at lights I lean my bike in a way that the front tip of my saddle leans on my hip.

So for the last two years I've had this bruise that comes and goes and I look at it and wonder, "What the hell? Do I sleepwalk? What is that from??"  This morning while waiting at the light my seat hit my hip and it hurt, right on the bruise.  Doh!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I have the same thing- although mine is more from the clips on my pannier bag (when I take it into stores) than the saddle! My legs are always covered with random bruises, so they just kind of blend in though.
    Today I earned a new one trying to kick up my kickstand, and whacking the pedal instead- drew blood even on that one, and I'm sure I will have a good bruise to go with it. I figure it's just the cost of living an active life..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny. I was also finding all kinds of mystery bruises on my right inner elbow and shins. I bruise really easily, so it could have been anything, but it was still weird. Then one day, carrying my ginormous bicycle down the porch steps, it was like, duh-- saddle bumping into inner right elbow, random bits of frame and wheel banging into shins as I move the bike this way and that. ...Duh!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have solved the mystery of your bruise. Just found my way here and love that you name your bikes! LOL! I'm a namer, too. I have Miss Daisy and am TRYING to make riding a regular part of my life (I'm a recovering running addict). I've been considering a "more serious" bike and trying to find a group... but, mostly I like my big old cruiser. So glad to have found your blog. I'll be following along.

    ReplyDelete