Saturday, May 15, 2010

The LGRAB Summer Games, The Ride and Tellerpalooza!

Look!  Over there, on the right side of the page!  See that cool logo? That's the official notification that Biking and Baking will be participating in the Let's Go Ride a Bike Summer Games!  I encourage you all to go to Dottie's page and read all about it.  I'll be announcing what I'm doing and writing about each "event" in this blog. 

Sooooo, this reminds me, I'm planning a new ride, right?  The recent weather  craziness has made me pause though.  I don't mind a rainy day, but May snow... well, sigh.  I'm going to ponder details today and I promise I'll post a plan tomorrow.

Annnndddd, tonight is our school's annual kick-butt fundraiser, Tellerpalooza.  It's a fabulous night of local music and fun for the whole family.  Tickets are $20 each at the door.  Mercury Cafe, 4pm to  midnight.  If you've never been to a show at the Mercury, GO! It's a great venue.  And, watching tons of school kids rush the stage and rock out is a genuine treat! 

This year's line up includes:
4:00pm - Teller Band
4:45pm - The Swayback 
5:30pm - Olivia Rudeen
6:30pm - The New Distractions
7:30pm - What Happened Saturday
8:45pm - Mono Verde
9:45pm - Rob Drabkin
10:45pm - Joy Subtraction
11:30pm - Dylan Yawger

On the second stage, you'll get to see the awesomeness of Teller kids talent show and Greg Tobo, local magician (you may have seen him at *Casa Bonita! Yes, that Casa Bonita.)

*It's like Disney had sex with Tijuana and left the goofy-looking bastard to fend for itself in a random strip mall on Colfax.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad you're playing along. Love biking and baking, btw -- great blog title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! It's a fabulous idea and will be loads of fun. Can't wait to see what everyone does!

    And thanks on the blog compliment. We are going to work on a banner this weekend that actually includes baked goods and bikes. heh heh

    ReplyDelete