Tuesday, May 18, 2010

When you don't ride your bike...

...do you find yourself green with envy for every cyclist you see?  I had a doctor appt this morning at 7:30.  I didn't bother looking at my calendar last night before going to bed because I make it a habit never to schedule anything before 8:30 outside of work and never before 9am at work.  I just assumed the appt was at 8:30.  So as I was sipping my morning jo I glanced at my phone and there it was, appointment in 45 minutes!  I still needed to shower and get ready.

The doctors office is about 5 miles in the opposite direction from work and would have made for a great ride.  But no, I had to drive, the pick-up no less.  I hate driving the pick-up.  The bike commuters were out in grand force despite today's prediction of rain.  Every one I passed made me wish I'd looked at my calendar last night.  I actually considered going back home so I could at least ride to the office.

Maybe it's all for the best.  It's really humid today and humidity seems to trigger my asthma to flare up.  I've been really short of breath all morning despite sucking on my inhaler.  I'm going to just hunker down, try and breath and get as much done as possible today.

No comments:

Post a Comment