Saturday, May 15, 2010

Name That Bike

I asked my facebook friends for naming suggestions for the rainy day bike.  Here's the list:
  • Shed - From OW - Because it looks like the bike in my parents shed from like 30 years ago that they bought at the Denver Spoke (no longer in business).
  • Stormy
  • Jane
  • Jenny
  • Jeannie
  • Doris
  • Dinah
  • Nellie
  • Alice
  • Nells
  • Mrs. Fenderbottom
  • Miss Lucy
  • Bonnie
  • Prudence
  • Raynebow Skye < snickersnort >
  • Irena - OW's mother's name
  • Sarah Irene -What my dad always called by bff, suggested by my bff.
  • Jenny
I took her for a longer ride this afternoon, and by longer I mean just barely further than around the block.  She needed new brake pads and of course I rode over to the Park Hill Bike Depot, my favorite bike shop/coop.

 I'll write more about the Depot at another time but in brief, it's a small non-profit where I serve on the Board of Directors.  We work with a mission to increase opportunities for healthy living through cycling.  We have a fully operational professional bike shop as well as a fix-your-bike and volunteer run shop and each year we put hundreds, upon hundreds of refurbished bikes back into the community through various programs.
    Anyhoo...it was a good opportunity to feel her ride.  I'm thinking she rides a lot like a Mrs. Irene Fenderbottom.  She's got classic looks, a smooth ride and just a touch of feisty personality with those flipped bars.  So that's it, the rainy day bike is officially named Mrs. Irene Fenderbottom.  I'm sure Vivian, Mrs. Gale and The Lowrider will be pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment