Sunday, May 30, 2010

What's for Dinner


This warm corn salad is simply amazing and one of my favorite sides.  The recipe is extremely  simple:
Corn - best if you can have fresh, but any will do
Edamame - frozen is fine, fresh is better
Red Onion
Sun dried tomato
Garlic
Cilantro
Tomato
The juice of one lime

Simply saute the garlic and onion in some olive oil.  Add in the corn and edamame and let them warm through. Add in some chopped sun dried tomatoes.  Finish with fresh tomato (grape tomatoes are best), a hand full of cilantro and the juice of one lime. Salt and pepper to taste.

Sometimes I incorporate this into a one-dish main course by tossing with some quinoa and adding some diced grilled chicken.

6 comments:

  1. Erm... Can I come over?? It's not me you see. My bicycles are hungry. Yeah...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, heh. Next time you're in Colorado I'll feed your bikes. Today it's slow smoked ribs and various rib accouterments. I hear most bikes are voracious carnivores!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a great one to add to the "to try" list

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a tasty looking dish!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband is the chef as well but this one is mine, all MINE!

    ReplyDelete